CMC Design-Build completed a 55,000 square foot expansion at the Cumberland Farms distribution center in Westborough, MA.
CMC provided feasibility study services that analyzed the company’s current and projected inventory and sales data to determine the size and most efficient layout of the expansion. Based on the results of the analysis, a 30,000 square feet freezer with a roof height of 40 feet to accommodate single and multi-deep pallet racking was constructed along with a 35F shipping and receiving dock.
CMC managed the National Grid Large Business Incentive submission for Cumberland Farms and received a substantial rebate for the energy saving measures that were installed including:
- Two stage central ammonia refrigeration system
- Underfloor warming system in the freezers that utilize waste heat from the refrigeration system
- LED light fixtures with occupancy sensors
- Vertical dock levelers with integrated overhead doors specifically designed for low temperature loading docks
- Increased insulation of the building envelope
- High speed fork truck traffic doors with time delay closers