CMC Design-Build has begun design and construction of a 64,000 SF refrigerated produce cooler expansion for Sid Wainer & Son Produce & Specialty Foods in New Bedford, MA.
The facility will include the following design features:
- Multi-temperature dry & wet produce distribution space
- Employee amenities, office, and admin areas
- Utility areas & tote washing room
- Shrinkage-compensating slab design
- High flow pre-action dry sprinkler system (no in-rack sprinkler heads)
- Backup power generation
Energy conservation measures include:
- Roof mounted solar panel system
- LED lighting
- Enhanced insulated building envelope
- Vertical storing dock levelers
- Refrigeration control system to optimize energy conservation
CMC is very excited to begin this new partnership with Sid Wainer & Son as they continue to grow, work to maximize their efficiency and sustainable footprint. The facility is scheduled to be complete by late 2016 and is on a fast track schedule.